Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Gigasampler EWS64s

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Dextrous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, I think somebody has already posted this message but I don't think anybody understood the problem so I apologise for posting it again.

    When running Gigasampler (1.6) on my setup (PII, 466, 64Mb, EWS64s) although the software installs fine there are no Wav outputs listed at all in the drop down menu of the config settings.
    This means that the program works fine visually (ie responds to MIDI and meters light up) but I hear absolutely no sound.
    Does this mean that the EWS64s is not Giga compatible, or is there an alteration I can make to the cards settings to make Giga work?
    Has anybody got gigasampler to work with the EWS64s?
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ermando's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    hy!
    I got an ews64s that works so fine!!, but when I tried to install ,giasampler and after gigastudio!! I had your same troubles :now I know , the problem is ews64s is not compatible with gigas drivers , ews works well,giga works well, but together doesn't work!!!!
    don't worry
    be happy!!!!
    sigh.......

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Andras Haasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2001
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    The problem is about the codec...
    Gigasampler and the ews64 codec use a vxd file with same name, (sorry, i don't remember the proper name of the ?.vxd), so when you install GS, it will be overwrite the file in windows/system.
    If you disable the codec, and reinstall the whole system (or delete the proper vxd file), the problem is solved.

    ----------------------------------------
    I am the voice of PinkNoise!
    ========================================

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Dextrous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks.
    However I'm not much of a computer boffin so if anybody could give me some more specific instructions about how to do this I would be very grateful.
    Joe.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CRISTIAN GOMEZ MONTENEGRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WHEN I TRIED TO INSTALL GIGASAMPLER, MY PC WAS LEFT TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER. HAS ANYBODY INSTALLED IT?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Andras Haasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2001
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As I wrote, U must disable the codec first, and then you may try to install GS!! (problem about overwritten vxd, see above)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •